We know when it comes to your pet, they are not “just a pet” but are actually part of the family! And if they are a part of the family, why wouldn’t you want to ensure that they are in the best health to prevent them from becoming ill? Anasazi Animal Clinic recognizes how costly it can be to have a pet that is continually ill, and we not only want to help provide healthy pet care near you, but also good preventative health care to save you money in the long run. We serve the Gilbert, Chandler, and Mesa area working to provide excellent veterinary services to keep your pet at its healthiest!
When your pets are a part of your family, they give you the unconditional love and affection you desire. Pets are loyal friends and proper health care treatment is vital to ensure your friendship with your pet is as long lasting as possible. The basics of caring for your pet include food, water, shelter, safety, companionship, exercise, and veterinary care. Some essential aspects of care that should be provided for your beloved pet include:
- Companionship: Pets are there for their owners. They are loyal and affectionate in return. Time with their owner is key to their emotional health.
- Be Loyal and Patient: Just as with kids, pets need their owners to also be dedicated and committed to the companionship. Pets are not always well behaved as one would hope, so it is key to give them patience.
- Identify Your Pet: It is imperative that you provide your pet with a collar that has ID tags on it if possible. The ID tags allow for your name, address, and phone number to be on there in case of the possibility that your pet gets lost.
- Vaccinations: Following local laws when it comes to vaccinations for your pet is key to keeping them healthy and keeping you on the right side of the law!
- Spay/Neuter: Spaying or neutering your animal actually provides them with longer, healthier lives and decreases negative behaviors in your pet. This routine surgery also helps to address the overpopulation of pets.
- Regular Check Ups: Just as we as humans should be doing regular health check ups, our beloved pets also need regular check ups. It is the best preventative care to catch anything before it comes.
- Diet: It is important to not only provide yourself with good healthy food, but also your pet. They need a nutrient rich diet, according to their breed, and plenty of water. This will limit the sicknesses and diseases that they could catch.
- Training: Enrolling your pet in training classes, if applicable, will allow for behaviors to be controlled in a safe and humane way. It will ensure you and your pet can become closer companions.
There are several options to ensure your pet in on the right preventative health care plan. These steps will be a good start, but it is best to contact us about your specific breed and what is best for them.
Anasazi will help determine what the best health care for your pet is, contact us today!
Images used under creative commons license – commercial use (7/20/2017) llmicrofono Oggiono (Flickr)