Before taking your dog or cat to a pet hotel or kennel, there is no question that you want to find a place that will be best for him. You are pretty sure about what your pet needs, but what might your dog or cat say if he was asked what he wanted in a pet hotel? Maybe something like this:
“I know you love me and always take care of me every single day. I can tell because you feed me, play with me, and care for me. I know some people say I am just an animal, but I know I am so much more to you. When you go on vacation or a business trip, I miss you as much as you miss me. Maybe even more. I understand you have to go away sometimes, but it’s not easy for me. So, if I can’t be with you, I want to be in a place where I feel cared for and comforted until I get to see you again.”
Based on your pet’s wants and needs, we invite you to check out our pet hotel services at Anasazi Animal Clinic! We are a full-service veterinary facility in Gilbert, AZ with services that include pet boarding, emergency and urgent care, and dental services. Our staff is caring, knowledgeable, and understanding about how to treat pets who are in our care while their owners are away.
Here are some things to consider when looking for a pet hotel:
1. Water: Your dog or cat needs access to fresh clean water at all times. We make sure there are individual bowls filled with clean drinking water that each animal has easy access to.
2. Food: Feeding routines and procedures can greatly vary from one facility to the next. Some kennels supply their own food brands for all boarders and others let you bring your own food for your pet. Make sure you find out the procedure so you can choose what is best for your furry companion.
3. Veterinary services: The best vet hospitals provide full routine check up and services for all animals at the facility. This includes daily checks for signs of illness, infections, and other problems.
4. Immunization requirements: Make sure the facility requires all dogs to be up to date on all vaccines for rabies, distemper, parainfluenza, parvovirus, hepatitis, and bordetella. Cats at the facility must also be vaccinated against rabies, distemper, pneumonitis, feline rhinotracheitis, and calici virus.
5. Medication policies and procedures: If something does go wrong and your dog or cat needs medical assistance then there should be a team of veterinary experts on staff to take care of any problems in a timely and effective manner. It is important for you to know that your companion will be taken care of if they get sick or hurt while you are away.
6. Special attention: Last, but not least, your pet wants to feel like he is not alone when his owner is away. He may be uncertain about where you are, so having extra special love and attention is equally as important as giving food and water.
At Anasazi Animal Clinic, we are in tune with your dog or cat’s feelings and understand how to make them feel loved while you’re away. We also understand that you need reassurance, too, that your pet will be in good hands. Please visit us and learn more about how we care for your furry family member at our pet hotel. At Anasazi, we are pet owners and lovers ourselves and will treat your fur babies as if they were our own.